The Assessor’s Office is responsible for the equitable valuation of all real and personal property in the town in accordance with Connecticut State Statutes. The Assessor annually provides a list of assessments for each and every property within the Town of Easton. The listing is referred to as the Grand List and provides the basis against which taxes will be levied during the following fiscal year. As required by law, assessments are done based on 70% of the fair market value of all real estate, motor vehicles and business personal property.
The term is 6 years appointed.
Additionally, the Assessor and staff administer state and local programs of tax relief, apply exemptions as permitted by state law, and assist the public with a variety of inquiries. Please contact the Assessor's office to inquire about tax relief programs and exemptions.
News & Announcements
- Assessor's Office will be closed 4/19/17 and 5/1/17
- Board of Assessment Appeals (filed 2/24/2017)
- Board of Assessment Appeals (Filed 2/24/2017)
- Assessor's Office will be closed Friday, September 11th. Access to self serve computer is available.
- Board of Assessment Appeals Notice Motor Vehicles (filed 9/1/2015)