Notice - Easton
April 28, 2014 – 8:00 p.m.
Annual Town Meeting
- Acceptance of the 2013 Annual Town Report.
- Discussion of the proposed annual Town budget of $41,993,878 for fiscal year July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 as recommended by the Board of Finance. NOTE: The Town meeting may act to reduce, but not increase the proposed annual Town budget.
- Five year capital plan.
- Set July 1, 2014 for the 2013 grand list bills.
- Discussion and possible approval of a revision of a Conservation Easement at 25 Rock House Road.
- Discussion and possible approval of a Right to Farm Ordinance.
- Discussion and possible approval of $19,900 as a second appropriation for 660 Morehouse Road, Town Hall and Library natural gas conversion from the Unassigned Fund Balance.
- Discussion and possible approval of $282,500 from LoCIP funds for the reconstruction of Morehouse Road.
- Adjournment of the Town meeting to a machine vote to be held on May 6, 2014 at Samuel Staples Elementary School to vote on the annual budget for fiscal year 2014-2015 of $41,993,878 or such lower amount as may be approved by the Town Meeting
Per Order of the Easton Board of Selectmen
● --- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- --- ●
The citizens of Easton are fortunate to inherit a town with so much of its New England character intact. Elements that draw visitors from neighboring states and towns survive here through a combination of family agricultural tradition and the town's location in a watershed area. The allure of tractor rides over stubbly fields beneath trees ablaze with color, small children laden with armloads of pumpkins, a stroll through the orchards to pick apples or blueberries, a Sunday drive past antique homes brilliant with summer flowers, a hike through woods that unfold uninterrupted for miles, a wintry trudge over snowy hillsides in pursuit of the perfect tree, invite people to revisit homey family traditions associated with New England's past... but still alive in Easton.
This website was created for the Town of Easton, for the purpose of providing general information to the townsfolk of Easton. Visit the links above or below to view information provided by the individual departments within the town. Click Information & Resources for town hall hours and directions, also for a list of town ordinances, as well as information on Licenses and permits. Click on Schedule of events to view our town calendar and see what events are happening in our town, as well as the date and time of upcoming town meetings. Click on links to other sites to visit the websites for the Easton Library, Easton Police Department, Park and Recreation Department and Easton schools.
Learn about the Easton town seal.
Links to Outside Websites
Please click below to read our policy on adding a link from the Easton town website to an another site. Read more here. (PDF)
Please Note: Links labeled as PDF format require Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed to view and print. You can download Acrobat Reader for free by going to Adobe's Acrobat Reader download page.