The Building Department administers the permitting of residential and commercial construction within the community in conformance with Connecticut State Building Codes. We are focused on providing exceptional customer service to the public.
Residents and contractors are welcome to consult with the Building Official during business hours for assistance making their project code compliant. You may also reference our resources link for helpful literature.
Reminder: Please make sure all contractors have permits BEFORE beginning work, and be sure to get final inspections to close open permits, including permits for any construction projects and swimming pools.
The Building Offical is a 4 year appointed position.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 12:30pm and 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Building Official available in the office 8:30am - 10:00am and 2:30pm - 4:30pm
CLOSED for lunch 12:30pm - 1:00pm
Frequently Asked Questions
News & Announcements
- Dispose of Unused Drugs 04/29/2017 9am-1pm Easton Public Library Parking Lot
- Absentee Ballots available for the Referendum on May 2, 2017
- Referendum Vote - May 2nd at SSES 6:00am - 8:00pm
- Easton Public Library Book Sale - May 5, 2017 to May 7, 2017
- REMINDER... Annual Town Meeting - Monday, 4/24/2017 7:00pm at SSES